Acknowledgement of Risk
Motorsport is dangerous and can involve injury or death. Despite
MotorSport Vision Limited (MSV) taking all reasonable precautions,
accidents can happen. By attending a track day, you acknowledge
this and confirm that you are aware of the nature of the activity
and attend at the venue at your own risk.
MSV may refuse access to, and eject from, its venues any persons who are acting against the interests of safety and/or whose behaviour is likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury. MSV may also have to conduct security searches at the venues to ensure the safety of customers and other persons at the relevant event.
Neither MSV nor any other members of the MSV group of companies or their representatives are responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property caused or sustained by you as result of attendance at any track day, save for liability for death or personal injury arising from MSV's negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
All drivers must hold one of the following licences and comply with the relevant regulations in order to take part in a track day.
DVLA road licence - must be a fully unrestricted (not provisional) valid driving licence issued by the DVLA (or the equivalent foreign licensing authority in the driver's country of residence) with the appropriate category clearly indicated.
MSA National B (or higher) race licence - must be a current MSA National B (or higher) race licence.
N.B. Drivers aged 16-18 years must use a vehicle that is relevant and of similar performance to their race car which must also be approved in advance by the MSV Trackdays team. They can only drive on circuit on their own or with an ARDS Grade "A" instructor. They cannot carry general passengers.
MSA National B Junior race licence - must be a valid MSA National B "Junior" Race Licence. The additional following criteria must also be met:
- Such driver is using one of the three Junior Championship Vehicles. (Ginetta Junior, SAXMAX, Fiesta Junior)
- Such driver has an ARDS Grade "A" instructor with them at all times when on circuit.
- Such driver has, prior to the date of the event, provided written proof of their competence and licence, Instructor's licence details, and what car they plan on using to the MSV Trackdays team.
- Such driver's parent or legal guardian has signed and completed the relevant section of the Registration Form on the day of the event.
All drivers and passengers must wear a suitable, correctly fitting crash helmet and have their legs covered at all times whilst on circuit. In the case of open top vehicles, drivers must wear full face helmets and also have arms covered at all times.
The vehicle you intend to use must conform to MOT minimum standards for road use (in the case of road cars), or MSA current safety and silencing regulations. It must be in good condition both mechanically and bodily and suitable for its intended use on the track. It is your duty to ensure that the vehicle remains in this condition for the duration of the activity, in the interests of your safety and the safety of others at the circuit.
The vehicle you intend to use must conform to our noise regulations. Full details of these can be found here: Car Track Day Noise Regulations
If MSV is of the opinion that any vehicle does not comply with the applicable noise restrictions, the relevant vehicle will be prevented from participating in the remainder of the event unless and until the noise emissions are addressed to bring them within the applicable limit.
Accident Damage and Insurance
MSV do not require you to have insurance cover in place on its track days. However, whilst track day accidents are rare, by using your car on track you do so at your own risk. It is entirely your choice as to whether you procure insurance to cover damage to your vehicle. It is unlikely that your normal car insurance policy will cover you for a track day, but you should check with your insurer. If you explain that the track day is non-competitive, they may extend your cover for an additional charge. Alternatively there are specialist insurance companies who provide track day insurance. Please call our sales helpline on 0843 453 3000 for contact details of these companies.
When using an MSV vehicle on circuit, you will be required to pay for the first £500 plus VAT in respect of any damage to the vehicle.
On the day
On arrival, please make sure you sign an MSV Registration Form, that you have signed on with MSV's organisers and that you have been issued with an MSV circuit wristband. You must produce your valid UK driving licence (photo card or old paper licence) or its overseas equivalent, at the time of registration. Please note that photocopies cannot be accepted.
A full safety briefing will take place prior to any track activity. Please ensure you attend this briefing. Should you arrive too late, please report to an MSV organiser or the Control Tower Supervisor, who will be based in the Control Tower, where arrangements will be made for you to be individually briefed.
Only one passenger may be carried in the vehicle at any one time. All fitted safety devices must be able to perform within their manufacturers guidelines i.e. weight and height of passenger must not interfere or prevent such safe operation within the manufacturers design parameters. Passengers under the age of 18 must have the appropriate section of the Registration Form signed by their parent or legal guardian. In any case the minimum age for passengers is 14 yrs except at Bedford Autodrome where the minimum age for passengers is 16 yrs.
On Track and in the Pit Lane
- If you are using a garage, please ensure you adhere to all the terms and conditions displayed therein Seat belts or harnesses must be worn at all times on the venue.
- Participants must not act or drive recklessly, dangerously or in an intimidating fashion, whether on track or otherwise. If in MSV's opinion you are acting dangerously, recklessly or in an intimidating fashion you may be removed from further participation in the track day and/or ejected from the venue, at MSV's discretion.
- No participant shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol at any time during the track day.
- No participant shall be under the influence of drugs or medication (prescribed or otherwise) or have any pre-existing medical condition that will adversely affect his or her performance during the track day.
- No pregnant drivers will be permitted to participate, whether as a driver or passenger, in any track day.
- No timekeeping or pacemaking of any sort is allowed on the track day.
- Open top cars will only be permitted when fitted with a full MSA/FIA approved roll safety device, or other road homologated roll over safety device. Road homologated vehicles which do not have the above by virtue of their manufactured date, but which are still in standard road homologated specification are also permitted.
- Participants must listen to all briefings and safety instructions throughout the track day, including flags, signals or warnings from marshals or any other representative of MSV. The decisions of MSV are final.
- No paddock bikes or other forms of unlicensed motorised transport are to be used on the venue at any time.
- No animals may be brought onto the premises, except registered guide dogs.
Photography and Production of Coverage
Other than taking still photographs for personal, non-commercial
and non-promotional use, no drivers, passengers or their guests are
permitted to produce or broadcast any audio, visual (still and/or
moving) and/or audio-visual coverage of the venue or any activity
at the venue in any media without obtaining MSV's prior written
MSV shall be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for the production of such coverage.
Where MSV provides its consent to the production of coverage (a) any and all on-board video equipment carried in or on vehicles must be safely and securely installed in accordance with any applicable governing body regulations; and (b) if the person making the request is a journalist, photographer and/or cameraman, such person must complete a media accreditation form supplied by MSV, accompanied by a letter or other written communication from the journalist's, photographer's or cameraman's relevant publication or company.
MotorSport Vision Limited,
Brands Hatch Circuit,
VAT Number 824798388
Company Number 3446418