Acknowledgement of Risk
Motorsport is dangerous and can involve injury or death. Despite
MotorSport Vision Limited (MSV) taking all reasonable precautions,
accidents can happen. By attending a track day, you acknowledge
this and confirm that you are aware of the nature of the activity
and attend at the venue at your own risk.
MSV may refuse access to, and eject from, its venues any persons who are acting against the interests of safety and/or whose behaviour is likely to cause damage, nuisance or injury. MSV may also have to conduct security searches at the venues to ensure the safety of customers and other persons at the relevant event.
Neither MSV nor any other members of the MSV group of companies or their representatives are responsible for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property caused or sustained by you as result of attendance at any track day, save for liability for death or personal injury arising from MSV's negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
All riders must be over the age of 18 and hold either a full (not provisional), unrestricted (not 33bhp restricted) valid driving licence issued by the DVLA (or the equivalent foreign licensing authority in the rider's country of residence) with the appropriate category clearly indicated.
Riders who have an ACU Road Race licence can also attend in the appropriate group providing they are over the age of 18.
All crash helmets worn by riders must comply with current ACU/FIM standards. Helmets must be worn and securely fastened at all times.
All leathers must be either a one piece or two-piece suit with a zip all the way around the middle (a minimum of 3/4 of the way around) with no skin or undergarments visible when your arms are fully raised. Leather boots and gloves must also be worn. We recommend that all riders also wear additional back protection. Metal knee and/or toe sliders are not allowed. For the avoidance of doubt, textile equipment is not permitted on trackday events.
The vehicle you intend to use must be in good condition both mechanically and bodily and suitable for its intended use on the track. It is your duty to ensure that the vehicle remains in this condition for the duration of the activity, in the interests of your safety and the safety of others at the circuit. All vehicles must also comply with our noise regulations.
The vehicle you intend to use must conform to our noise regulations. Full details of these can be found here:Bike Trackday Noise Regulations
If MSV is of the opinion that any vehicle does not comply with
the applicable noise restrictions, the relevant vehicle will be
prevented from participating in the remainder of the event unless
and until the noise emissions are addressed to bring them within
the applicable limit.
Accident Damage and Insurance
MSV do not require you to have insurance cover in place on its track days. However, whilst track day accidents are rare, by using your bike on track you do so at your own risk. It is entirely your choice as to whether you procure insurance to cover damage to your vehicle. It is unlikely that your normal bike insurance policy will cover you for a track day, but you should check with your insurer. If you explain that the track day is non-competitive, they may extend your cover for an additional charge. Alternatively there are specialist insurance companies who provide track day insurance. Please call our sales helpline on 0843 453 3000 for contact details of these companies.
On the Day
On arrival, please make sure you sign an MSV Registration Form and that you have been issued with an MSV circuit wristband. You must produce your driving licence (photo card or old paper licence), at the time of registration. Please note that photocopies cannot be accepted.
A full safety briefing will take place prior to any track activity. All riders must attend this briefing and adhere to the rules stipulated in it.
On Track and in the Pit Lane
- If you are using a garage, please ensure you adhere to all the terms and conditions displayed therein
- Participants must not act or ride recklessly, dangerously or in an intimidating fashions, whether on track or otherwise. If in MSV's opinion you are acting dangerously, recklessly or in an intimidating fashion you may be removed from further participation in the track day and/or ejected from the venue, at MSV's discretion.
- No participant shall consume or be under the influence of alcohol at any time during the track day.
- No participant shall be under the influence of drugs or medication (prescribed or otherwise) or have any pre-existing medical condition that will adversely affect his or her performance during the track day.
- No pregnant riders will be permitted to participate in the track day.
- No timekeeping, data-logging or pacemaking of any sort is allowed on the track day.
- Participants must listen to all briefings and safety instructions throughout the track day, including flags, signals or warnings from marshals or any other representative of MSV. Anyone who ignores red flags or the direction of marshals will be asked to leave the Venue - the marshals are there for YOUR SAFETY. The decisions of MSV are final.
- The pulling of wheelies, or any other kind of riding which is considered by MSV to be a nuisance or dangerous is not permitted on circuit or service roads.
- No paddock bikes or other forms of unlicensed motorised transport are to be used on the venue at any time.
- No animals may be brought onto the premises, except registered guide dogs.
Photography and Production of Coverage
Other than taking still photographs for personal, non-commercial
and non-promotional use, no riders, passengers or their guests are
permitted to produce or broadcast any audio, visual (still and/or
moving) and/or audio-visual coverage of the venue or any activity
at the venue in any media without obtaining MSV's prior written
MSV shall be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for the production of such coverage.
Where MSV provides its consent to the production of coverage (a) any and all on-board video equipment carried in or on vehicles must be safely and securely installed in accordance with any applicable governing body regulations; and (b) if the person making the request is a journalist, photographer and/or cameraman, such person must complete a media accreditation form supplied by MSV, accompanied by a letter or other written communication from the journalist's, photographer's or cameraman's relevant publication or company.
MotorSport Vision Limited,
Brands Hatch Circuit,
VAT Number 824798388
Company Number 3446418.